Glad to hear you're interested in furthering your career and/or visibility and giving back to our industry. Generally speaking, we look for the following traits in board of advisors candidates:
- Good network of colleagues in your geographic area and industry sector
- Reputation of respect among your industry peers
- Commitment to, and loyalty for, the Association, our community and leadership
- Willingness to give freely of time and effort
- Creativity when it comes to problem-solving
- Not afraid to speak up and offer another opinion
In terms of time, we do not have regular conference calls or meetings. However, we interact often with each other using various online tools, depending on the need.
If selected, you'll be asked to sign a non-disclosure/non-compete agreement, enroll in Ambassador certification training (a 45-minute video and online test) and prepare a workplan, which you'll need to update annually (we provide a template).
If you're interested in applying when the next round of applications is open, please let us know.