Tourist guide culinary certification is an optional professional certification offered by the World Food Travel Association. It differs from the general tourist guide qualification which is required by many governments, regions, sites and monuments around the world.
The benefits of professional tourist guide culinary certification offered by the World Food Travel Association are many and include:
- Impartial third-party assessment of your professional experience. It is one thing to claim that you have the experience, or for customers to read glowing reviews. It is quite different for an internationally-recognized organization to certify that you yourself are a Culinary-Certified Tourist Guide. This reassures your customers (or employer) that you are an expert in the delivery of food or beverage tours of any kind, regardless of what others say.
- Alignment with impartial third-party NGO. Your certification from the World Food Travel Association means that you are part of something bigger. It adds credibility and justification to your marketing claims that you are part of an international, global organization.
- Beautiful color enamel lapel pin. Feature our certification logo and the active year. Airmailed to you anywhere in the world.
- High-resolution certificate. You will receive a high resolution color certificate in PDF format, suitable for printing (by you) and framing for your office.
- Online listing. Included basic online listing for you as a guide on our consumer-facing website - great for proving to your potential customers that you are an expert Culinary-Certified Tourist Guide (coming soon).
- Manual verification. Ask your customers or employers to get in touch with us directly to verify your certification (no charge for this service).
- Portable credentials. You can take your certification with you and guide on your own or with another tour company. You do not need to get re-certified if you change companies.