As a delegate for any event produced by us, or one of our partners, you are subject to the following terms, conditions and rights:
REGISTRATION & PRE-EVENT
- Every delegate must be registered to attend any of our events.
- Every delegate must check in at the registration desk to obtain a nametag, which must be worn at all times.
- Delegates can make any dietary concerns or requirements known to us by opening a support ticket and advising us at least 7 calendar days before the event.
- Registration may or may not be available on the day of the event, depending on advance ticket sales and venue terms.
- We are sorry, but we do not extend conference invitation letters and we are unable to help with travel visas.
- No full or partial refunds are given for arriving late or missing the event.
- Because we must forecast attendance closely with the venue and reserve a space for you, we are sorry but no refunds are available for ticket purchases. If you purchased a ticket and know you will not be able to attend, you may request a name change to someone else for a name change fee of 10% of the ticket price you paid.
- If the event is canceled by us for any reason, you will receive a refund of the full amount you paid.
- If the event is forced to end early due to issues with sound, electricity, security or a similar issue, you will receive a refund prorated to the percentage of the event that took place before the event was forced to end.
- If the event cannot take place due to a natural disaster (act of God), act of war, government action, or venue strike, you will receive a refund of the full amount you paid.
PAYMENTS & INVOICES
- We accept most major credit and debit cards for payment. We are sorry but we do not accept cash or check/cheque payments.
- We can also accept wire transfers. We use Transferwise for the lowest possible fees. A processing fee may or may not be required, depending on where your payment is coming from, how you transfer it, and where it is deposited. Please contact us in advance for wire transfer instructions. We will also let you know if any fees are payable with your transfer.
- You will receive a tax invoice for your bookkeeping records. If the tax invoice we issue is not sufficient for your needs, please advise and we will update it.
- Seating is open and on a first come basis.
- If you have any dietary concerns that you advised us of in advance, please be sure to alert us at the registration desk, and also let a server know.
- If you have a dietary concern that you did not advise us of in advance, we will do our best to accommodate your requirements, but cannot guarantee that we can do so without advance notice as described above.
- Questions and answers are handling on screen using Slido. Please come prepared to ask your questions this way (it will be explained by the emcee as well). We do NOT use a microphone for questions and answers.
- We do not publish or share speakers' presentations. If you are interested in a speaker's presentation, please ask the speaker directly. Some speakers are happy to share their presentations, while others do not.
- PHOTOGRAPHY/VIDEOGRAPHY: Cameras and microphones may be in use on the event day by us or media professionals in attendance. Your image or voice may be captured by one of these devices. By registering for our event, we assume that you grant the WFTA the right to use your image or voice in promotional materials. If you do not want your image or voice used in post-event promotional materials, please let us know in person at the event, as well as by opening a support ticket at the top of this page.
- YOUR RECORDINGS: You may record video, audio and images of any content from the event, with the following exceptions. If a speaker, emcee or authorized event representative states that no recordings are allowed for a particular session or activity, you must comply and turn off your device. It is against event policy to record a speaker's full session by any means. In-session recordings are limited to 3-minute durations. After the event, you may publicly post audio and video clips up to 3 minutes of duration on any public website or data repository for the purpose of sharing.
- We reserve the right to ask you for government-issued identification (ID) at the registration desk. If the name on the ID does not match the name of the registered participant, you may be denied entry. Please see above for our refund and name change policies.
- We reserve the right to search bags and luggage for security purposes before you will be allowed to enter the event.
- Registered delegates are responsible for the security of your own personal items. The event cannot be held liable if anything is misplaced, broken or stolen during the event.
- If you see something suspicious (person, package, item) during the event, please alert both event staff and venue staff immediately, without delay.
- If you have any personal security concerns, including harassment of any kind, please alert event and venue staff immediately and we will do our best to resolve the situation quickly.
- For the comfort of all delegates, any attendee engaged in outbursts or protests of any kind, or any acts of violence, will either be required to leave without refund of any kind, and possibly handed over to police custody if the situation warrants.
- Emergencies happen. If a speaker is unable to attend for any reason, we reserve the right to substitute both the speaker and the session subject with another relevant speaker and topic, without notice to you.
ERRORS & OMISSIONS
- Naturally we strive to publish correct information at all times. If you notice an error, inconsistency or problem on the event website, our Association website, in these FAQ pages, or anywhere else, we would be grateful if you would let us know. You can open a support ticket directly on this page, or you can also let us know at the event.
- If we notice an error, inconsistency or problem on the event website, our Association website, in these FAQ pages, or anywhere else, we will take steps to immediately correct the issue, without notice to you.
- Your contact information and registration data are for our internal use only and are subject to our GDPR policy.
- Events not produced directly by the World Food Travel Association, including local FoodTreX events, may be subject to additional local policies, terms and conditions. Consult the specific event website for details.