Yes, we published our GDPR compliance policy on May 22, 2018, with an effective date of May 25, 2018. Notice of our policy update was sent to all registered users of the World Food Travel Association Service. You can DOWNLOAD A COPY of our policy here.
While what is written here does not substitute for our official policy, this brief summary will help you understand the major points:
- As of this writing, the physical location of the servers that hold your master data and data record is in Canada.
- Your data is for our own internal use only. We will never, ever furnish your contact information to any other party without your direct, written consent, with the exception of payment providers for the sole purpose of managing your subscription, and with the exception of situations where you use a social media account to log in to our service, or unless required by law.
- We take every precaution to ensure that your data is safeguarded to the best of our ability and the ability of the software vendors we use that may process your data.
- We are more than happy to share with you what data we have on you. Please send your request by opening a support ticket in the upper right. Note that we will need to validate your identity to our satisfaction to ensure you are authorized to receive this data.
- We are more than happy to remove your individual and/or company records from our system. To do so, please send your request by opening a support ticket in the upper right. Note that we will first need to validate your identity to our satisfaction to ensure you are authorized to act on this data.
- You can easily unsubscribe from our mailings at any time. Every email we send has an Unsubscribe link at the bottom.
If you have any other specific questions not addressed in the official policy, you are welcome to open a support ticket in the upper right corner of this web page. We promise to respond to you within 72 calendar hours of the time we received your request.
If you prefer to receive our news via other channels, we offer you the following options:
Our Association's own news page at: https://www.worldfoodtravel.org/articles
or you can also follow our Twitter feed at: https://twitter.com/worldfoodtravel
or you can follow us on Facebook at: https://facebook.com/worldfoodtravel
or you can follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/2816856