It's no secret, there are plenty of awards programs around the world. You've probably seen dozens of categories and competitions for best food and beverage products, recognition for best destination marketing campaigns, acknowledgement of guest satisfaction, etc. The FoodTrekking Awards are different from general food/beverage/travel and hospitality awards in the following two main ways:
- We focus specifically on food and beverage tourism. By this, we mean how food and beverage are woven into the travel experience. So not so much serving a meal in a restaurant, but why that business is considered a must-see by its customers. Why would people travel any distance to experience it?
- We focus on excellence of the experience. The word "experience" is key here. Again using the above example, it's not that the restaurant serves great food (a meal), it should serve a memory. What makes this an experience? It could be the service, the venue, a little something extra that all customers get. If it's not a physical business (such as software or an app), then it could be the app user experience that is extraordinary. Whatever your business is, think about how you deliver an excellent experience.
The FoodTrekking Awards are different from other food travel industry awards in these ways:
- Our awards are our industry's first and longest-running food travel awards program.
- Our awards recognize excellence and innovation anywhere in the world, not just at local , national or regional levels.
- Our awards are highly respected for their integrity because they are delivered by the unbiased World Food Travel Association (WFTA), a non-profit organization.
- Our awards are evaluated by highly experienced trade professionals and are given to trade professionals and industry organizations. Consumers do not vote on our awards, which avoids the "popularity contest".
- Our awards are delivered by the WFTA, the organization that founded our modern food travel industry. In other words, we've been doing this a long time!