We are a small, non-profit organization. Our funding comes from the products we sell, user fees and sponsorship. There are no sponsors yet for the FoodTrekking Awards program. Without sponsorship, we must charge an application fee to help offset the costs of producing the Awards. Your application fee covers the following expenses related to hosting the Awards:
- Small stipend for each judge that reviews your individual application (this can be 1, 2 or 3 judges, depending on complexity of your application and other issues that arise during the judging process)
- Bank processing fees
- Cost of the awards processing software
- Cost of website design, hosting and content maintenance
- Cost to produce the physical awards and postage to ship them to winners
- Costs for marketing and promotions
We have kept the application fee as low as possible to make it easier for more businesses and individuals to be able to apply.
If your business, organization or destination is interested in sponsoring the Awards to help offset program costs and reduce the fee for applicants, please get in touch by submitting a support ticket. We offer generous sponsorship visibility options and would be happy to custom-design a sponsorship package that meets your specific needs.