How do we apply for the Global Culinary Travel Awards?
When the Awards are open, click on Apply Now on the Global Culinary Travel Awards page or our website. Please read the additional instructions below:
- Make sure that your business is in an eligible category. And also make sure that your business meets the application requirements.
- The Global Culinary Travel Awards are open to both members and non-members.
- We are able to process entries with content in English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. For other applications, we suggest you ask someone to help you prepare your application in English. Important documents should be accompanied by an English language translation (it does not need to be from a certified translator).
- All entries must be submitted through our system as an application. Each application must be assigned at least one category and the applicable entry fee must be paid. Please be prepared to upload supporting documents as you work on your application online. Acceptable formats include: JPG, PNG, GIF, TIF, PDF, PPT, PPTX, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX
- For audio or video content, you will need to provide URLs to websites where the video is hosted (such as YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia, or your own website). If a password is required, please provide it in the section titled "Is there anything else you would like to share?"
- Note that invalid links that change after submission, or media files that fail to stream under normal conditions cannot be evaluated as part of your application and in such situations, the strength of your application may suffer as a result. It is the entrant’s responsibility to assure that all links to specific submitted pages continue to work and that media is uploaded and streaming properly during the judging period.
- Requirements to download proprietary software, install uncommon drivers, or pay for third-party applications, or access to pay-for-streaming providers will not be honored and the strength of your application may suffer as a result.
- Failure to follow any of these instructions may disqualify your entry.
- Please also read the Global Culinary Travel Awards rules.
- If you have any questions that are not answered here, please first peruse the rest of the FAQ section that answers additional questions about the Awards. If you still have questions, then please open a support ticket.
What is the history of the Global Culinary Travel Awards?
The World Food Travel Association introduced the Awards in 2016 as the culinary tourism industry's first awards for excellence and innovation, another first for our industry! Then in 2018, we made several significant changes to the Awards program: In ...
What is the Global Culinary Travel Awards application fee & how do we pay?
What is the awards application fee? The current fee is posted on the Awards web page of our website. There are no additional fees, no hidden fees, no credit card fees, no processing fees, no winner's fees, and no licensing fees. Everything is ...
What businesses can apply for which Global Culinary Travel Awards categories?
Generally speaking, any business type can apply for any Awards category. The application needs to make sense. For example, if a public relations company is submitting for the sustainability award, what is the reason? Is it on behalf of a client, or a ...
What are the Global Culinary Travel Awards rules?
The following rules apply to applicants for the annual Global Culinary Travel Awards: Applications open on March 1 of each year and close on May 31 each year, at the latest at 23:59 (11:59 PM) London time. Applications received after the closing date ...
Who produces the Global Culinary Travel Awards?
The Global Culinary Travel Awards are produced by the non-profit World Food Travel Association, the world's leading authority on food and beverage tourism.