What are the requirements for Board of Directors candidates?
Glad to hear you're interested in furthering your career and/or visibility and giving back to our industry. Generally speaking, we look for the following traits in the board of directors candidates:
- A good network of colleagues in your geographic area and industry sector
- The reputation of respect among your industry peers
- Commitment to, and loyalty for, the Association, our community, and leadership
- Willingness to give freely of time and effort
- Creativity when it comes to problem-solving
- Not afraid to speak up and offer another opinion
In terms of time, we have one board meeting per month, lasting about 60-75 minutes, with about 30-45 minutes of prep time before each call. Annual meetings are held usually via conference call. No financial commitment is requested or expected.
If selected, you'll be asked to sign a non-disclosure/non-compete agreement, enroll in Ambassador certification training (a 45-minute video and online test), and prepare a work plan, which you'll need to update annually (we provide a template).
If you're interested in applying when the next round of applications is open, please let us know.