We are a small, non-profit organization. Our funding comes 100% from our program revenue. There are no sponsors for the FoodTrekking Awards program and as such, we must charge an application fee to help offset the costs of producing the Awards. Your application fee covers the following expenses related to hosting the Awards:
- Small stipend for each judge that reviews your individual application (this can be 1, 2 or 3 judges, depending on complexity of your application and other issues that arise during the judging process)
- Bank processing fees
- Cost of the awards processing software
- Cost of website design, hosting and content maintenance
- Cost to produce the physical awards and postage to ship them to winners
- Expenses for marketing and promotions
We keep the application fee as low as possible to make it easier for more businesses and individuals to be able to apply.
If your business, organization or destination is interested in sponsoring the Awards to help offset program costs and reduce the fee for applicants, please get in touch by submitting a support ticket. We offer generous sponsorship visibility options and would be happy to custom-design a sponsorship package that meets your specific needs.